The most important and charismatic locations from the famous Outlander series plus the must-see jewels of Scotland!
TOUR OF 4 DAYS + 3 NIGHTS + ACCOMMODATIONS + COMPLETE BREAKFAST INCLUDED!
Optional Dinners and Airport Transfers
555 Miles / 894 Km
OUTLANDER or outsider: one of the great screen masterpieces in deliveries by series that reflects very truthfully the turbulent history of Scotland - Alba and the Jacobite wars in the XNUMXth century. Living this television series is living the real, dramatic and at the same time exciting Scotland of those times. Moving to the full and turbulent Jacobite epoch in which Scotland and above all the Highlanders They fought with their lives to maintain their country and customs from the attempted English and British domination and conquest. We will live in the skin of Jamie & Claire their anguishes, loves, passions and emotions. As well, This is what we are going to feel, live and enjoy through this exciting Tour in which we will visit the actual filming locations and historical locations most important of this shocking and famous series. Also we will visit the Scotland's most famous treasures like the lake Ness, unforgivable to overlook in your visit and knowledge of Alba, the Celtic land of the Picts! We will take you by the hand, we are going to move you back in time in a very real way, because the real landscapes that we will visit remain unchanged through the centuries.
For the whole family, couple, group or make new friends!
Tour available all year!
- Caledonian Canal
- The Kingdom of Fife
- Lake Ness
- Edinburgh & The Lothians
- Cairngorms National Park
- Glen coe
- Loch Lomond & The Trossachs National Park
- And much more!
DAY 1: Sets Sessions 1, 2 & 3; Lallybroch and the house of the Duke of Sandringham among others!
Regions: Edinburgh & The Lothians!
Ready ?, Well, let's enjoy !. Let's start strong. From early in the morning we take you to one of the closes or most hidden corners of the beautiful and romantic capital of Scotland: Edinburgh. Do you remember the printing de James in session 3? Well, here we take you, where the exteriors were filmed in one of the oldest areas of the famous Royal Mile. We will see from the outside too Holyrood palace, in connection with the palace series where he established his court for a few weeks the Prince Bonnie Charles Stuart prior to Jacobite uprising. The house of the malevolent Duke of Sandringham? we visited it, we visited this palace where the interiors were filmed and also Lallybroch! Yes, the dream house-castle of Jaime and Claire. This is not all for today, not to be the least, this one, like all of our programs, is intense, full of wonderful and exciting contests per day and that is how it will be. We take you to Blackness castle set for Fort William. As soon as you enter here, strange sensations are felt, since in addition, where Jaime was fictitiously flogged, this castle has always been throughout its history; prison and strong. Do you think you've seen enough for today? Well, no, you still have two main courses. Let's dress the romantic train station where they say goodbye Claire and Frank in times of war and more imposing still; the castle of María Estuardo: "Queen of Scots" We will tell you its tragic story in this place that was used as a set for the wentworth prison, where Jaime was a prisoner in the first session of the series. Now yes, we will rest and have dinner in a bucolic and beautiful Scottish town with its beautiful gardens in bloom!
DAY 2: Sessions 1 & 2; the castle of the Mackenzie and the infirmary of Paris among others!
Regions: Stirlingshire & Loch Lomond National Park & the Trossachs!
Second and wonderful day! Diversity of views and content. Here we go! We take our complete and succulent Scottish breakfast and porridge to put ourselves in the shoes of the hardened Scottish Highlanders and we are going to face everything that comes our way as the protagonists in this precious adventure. Today we enter the Trossachs National Park and its wild and wonderful landscapes. We will see on the way beautiful hairy cows of the Highlands and the beautiful Lake katrina, surrounded by beautiful hills where Rodger Mackenzie I enjoyed the peace and quiet offered in session 2. We also visited the hospital des Anges figured in Paris, but no, it's here in Scotland and we'll show you on our visit to the set of Glasgow, like this one or the Biomedical Engineering faculty at Harvard University, actually filmed in the beautiful Glasgow University. Do you remember the scene where Frank he proposes marriage to Clarie? Well, it's in Glasgow too, in George square we will live those moments. To end this day of contrasts and experiences of Outlander we will sleep on the shores of the largest lake in the UK; on Luss, the bucolic town on the banks of the Loch lomond in the heart of the Trossachs National Park, can you think of a more romantic setting?
DAY 3: Fort William, Loch Ness and Inverness!
Regions: Glen Coe, Caledonian Canal and Lochaber!
On our third day we have already relived and visited most of the most important Outlander locations, but we have a few others left in addition to seeing the most typical landscapes of Scotland and that is what we are going to do today. Where I disembark from Prince Bonnie Charles Stuart from France? Where is it really Inverness? You want to try your luck with dolmens who transferred Claire to the Scotland XNUMXth century? And if we look for the loch ness monster? Well, we are going to do all that today in addition to visiting the Fort William Today's hub, the UK's outdoor sports hub and where the tallest mountain is also located: Ben Nevis. Today we are going to make one of the most beautiful and touristic routes in all of Scotland and it is no wonder, it really deserves it. From the most dramatic valley in all of Scotland, the breathtaking valley of Glen coe, which appears in the introduction all chapters de Outlander and where numerous scenes have been shot not only of Outlander, but also of Harry Potter, Braveheart, Rob Roy, 007, the immortals and other famous movies, to the capital of the Highlands without limits or demarcation, we will enjoy some unprecedented images and mountains dotted with beautiful lakes that can only be found in Scotland. We will show you today the remains of the Fort of Fort William, dark prison in its time, we visit Glenfinnan, where the Prince Charles and there is the famous Harry Potter viaduct and we will look for the famous Nessie at the feet of Fort Augustus. We will also see numerous lakes that link the Atlantic Ocean with the cold North Sea in Inverness and "we will storm the famous Urquhart Castle whose first stones date back to the year 600, we are today in one of the most beautiful areas in all of Scotland! We sleep in Inverness! Looking at the window of Claire as Jaime!
DAY 4: the dolmens of time, the Culloden Moor battlefield and whiskey, among others!
Regions: Inverness-shire, Cairngorms National Park and the Kingdom of Fife!
Our fourth, full and last day of the Tour! We are more than sure that you are amazed by everything we have seen and experienced; the most important Outlander locations and references, landscapes of movies, literally, history, the most beautiful areas of the country chosen as the most beautiful of the world in 2017 and if already in itself, Alba touch and reach your heart, knowing more about his dramatic but tender story y Living the As one of the protagonists of Outlander, by now you feel part of history and Scotland. But…. There is still more and you cannot expect less traveling with ScotlandTrips.International… We are going to surprise you today too. There is something more iconic about the Outlander series than dolmens what do they do to travel in the tiempo a Clear and the sad battlefield of Culloden mor? Well, we take you to it today! After visiting yesterday Fort William and Inverness, it can be said that together with the visits we make today are the two days culmen of any possible Outlander tour. We visit the bronze age dolmens on which the writer was based Diana Gabaldon outside of Inverness and the sad battlefield of Culloden mor. Do you remember the beautiful grounds from the palace of Versailles where they have a spooky encounter Jaime and Captain Randall?, we take you to them. Also, we cannot do the Outlander tour without visiting a magnificent Scotch Whiskey Distilleryas he is constantly referenced in the series and makes us understand and feel Scotland a bit more still, "The water of life "As the ancients called it Picts. Today we visit one of the Victorian towns par excellence if not the most beautiful in all of Scotland; Pitlochry. The set for the Inverness shoot? It is not in the capital itself, but the beautiful little town of Falkland to which we take you as well as the picturesque Culross, which appears in sessions 1 & 2 numerous times as in the scene where a child is imprisoned in the square from which Jaime, the Cranesmuir village where Geillis live or in the scenes of the Makeshift hospital among other. Well you can't ask for more than one time travel for the celtic land dreamy and living next to Jaime & Claire the real story of Outlander and the Jacobite Wars as well as his idyllic and stormy love story. We are sure that you will not leave this wonderful I dream that you have lived with us in a long time! A pleasure to have come true for you and have accompanied you, see you, maybe we will meet on another trip to the past through time!….
VISITS AND ACTIVITIES INCLUDED IN THE PRICE:
The Jewels of our Tour.
- EDINBURGH: Jaime's Press and Holyrood palace
- LALLYBROCH; MIDHOPE CASTLE (optional entry)
- GLEN COE; introduction to chapters and various scenes.
- FORT WILLIAM
- CULLODEN MOOR BATTLEFIELD
- LINLITHGOW PALACE (entrance included)
- FORT AUGUSTUS
- HOUSE OF THE DUKE OF SANDRINGHAM; HOPETOUN HOUSE: (optional entry)
- LAKE NESS
- DOLMEN OF TIME
- GLASGOW: various locations: Hospital des Anges, Harvard, cathedral, etc.
- TULLA LAKE
- CULROSS (Geillis village in various chapters and scenes)
- CALEDONIAN CANAL
- BLACKNESS CASTLE (entrance included)
- HIGHLAND FOLK MUSEUM: depicting house scenes in the series
- GARDENS OF DRUMMOND CASTLE: like Versailles (optional entry)
- FLAKLAND (Inverness on Outlander)
- LAKE KATRINA
- B´ONESS & KINNEIL TRAIN STATION
- DOUNE CASTLE; Mackenzie castle (entrance included)
- GLENFINNAN VIADUCT
- DALWHINNIE WHISKEY DISTILLERY (optional entry)
- URQUHART CASTLE (entrance included)
- THREE SISTERS MOUNTAINS
- LUSS & LAGO LOMOND
Detailed itinerary before the start of the Tour.
No additional costs.
- Hopetoun House (Palace of the Duke of Sandringham); It is open to the public from April 10 to September 27. Outside these dates, only the exterior view from the entrance will be visited)
- Drummond Castle Gardens (Gardens of Versailles); It is open to the public on Easter weekend and from May 1 to October 31. Outside of these dates it will not be visited.
SERVICES INCLUDED IN THE PRICE:
Todas, the activities and visits indicated are included in our closed priceIn this way, the only expenses you have to add are your travel and flight insurance.
- TOUR OF 4 DAYS AND 3 NIGHTS.
- DOUBLE SUITE ACCOMMODATIONS WITH 3/4 STAR PRIVATE BATHROOM.
- 3 COMPLETE SCOTTISH BREAKFAST.
- COMFORTABLE MID-RANGE VEHICLE - HIGH.
- LOCAL GUIDE AND DRIVER SERVICES IN SPANISH & ENGLISH.
- EXPLANATIONS, ACCOMPANIMENT AND GENERAL CULTURAL INFORMATION OF THE GUIDE.
- VISITS AND INDICATED ACTIVITIES.
- ALSO WE PICK YOU UP AND TAKE YOU TO YOUR HOTELS.
Option to include dinners.
We provide you with all the extra nights you need in the impressive capital of Scotland; Edinburgh, contact us.
Not included in the price:
- Travel or personal insurance (mandatory)
- Own purchases or not described in the included section.
- Personal assistant or porter service. (Our guides always ready to help).
- Attractions and dates of this excellent program: Given the length of months in which we offer this program, it must be taken into account that most of the attractions in Scotland are open to the public from Holy Week until October 31 so doing it in other months means that the places will be visited but some may not be accessible internally. In the event that they are included in the program, the amount of said visit will be refunded. Specifically the following two optional visits:
- Hopetoun House: open to the public and visits from April 20 to September 30.
- Drummond Castle Gardens: open to the public and visits from Easter to October 31.
Tickets that exceptionally are not included for the indicated reason, may have an approximate cost of 10 Pounds per person. See at the visiting points which ones are included in the price and which are not. We will visit all the places equally.
AVAILABLE DATES OF DEPARTURE AND START OF THE TOUR FROM EDINBURGH:
Consult for other departure and return points.
Available in private and your dates !. No price increase from two people. Check availability.
DEPARTURE DATES 2021 SCHEDULED:
- Wednesday 3 March: Special Price Promotion: £ 499 (option 2)
- Wednesday 19 May.
- Wednesday June 2.
- Wednesday 14 July.
- Wednesday 4 August.
- Wednesday October 20: Special Price Promotion: £ 499 (option 2)
- Wednesday 15 November.
Reservations are recommended as far in advance as possible.
TOUR CIRCUIT PRICES - HOLIDAYS PER PERSON:
On dates to choose from just two people and under availability.
Option "Just the Tour":
- We come from 1 to 3 people: £475
- From 4 to 8 people: £440
- From 8 people: £399
More flexible and economical price that includes the entire Tour, without accommodation. The tickets entrance fees to the attractions described in the section "The Jewels of our Tour", indicated as included, are included also in this option. We will visit all the points described and you decide if you want to buy the entrance tickets indicated as optional or not, we advise you to book it online in advance. We will inform you of the locations where to reserve your accommodation each night where we take you and pick you up each day. Your choice. Children under 5 years free (1 per family).
All Inclusive Options:
Throughout the year except high season:
- In a small group of 3 to 15 people: Option 1: £684 / Option 2: £594
- From two people in Private Tour: Option 1: £752 / Option 2: £653
- Young people between 16 and 18 and from 65 years: Option 1: £615 / Option 2: £535
- Children between 5 and 15 years old in shared room: Option 1: £478 / Option 2: £415
- Groups of 4 to 8 people: Option 1: £636 / Option 2: £552
- Groups from 8 people: Option 1: £580 / Option 2: £504
In high season: July, August, Christmas, Easter:
- In a small group of 3 to 15 people: Option 1: £752 / Option 2: £653
- From two people in Private Tour: Option 1: £827 / Option 2: £718
- Young people between 16 and 18 and from 65 years: Option 1: £676 / Option 2: £587
- Children between 5 and 15 years old in shared room: Option 1: £526 / Option 2: £457
- Groups of 4 to 8 people: Option 1: £699 / Option 2: £607
- Groups from 8 people: Option 1: £639 / Option 2: £555
Applicable at any price in "All Inclusive" options. With this discount the attractions are free to your reservation. We will visit all the points described and you decide if you want to buy your entrance ticket or not, we advise you to book it online in advance.
Hotel and Bed & Breakfast options to choose from:
- 1 Option: 3/4 star double suite hotels near or in the center of the town.
- 2 Option: 3-star double suite B&B further from the town center.
Note regarding accommodation: the substantial difference is in the services offered by the type of accommodation and the distance from the center of the town. The type of room is always en suite with private bathroom and full breakfast included. It may vary in terms of "Hotel", "B&B" or "Guest House", depending on availability and in advance with which you book your Tour, Vacation or services. In both options we will drop you off and pick you up at the accommodation itself.
- Open dinner service provided for your comfort, to choose from the restaurant menu.
Price: Supplement of £ 30 per adult and 25 children under 16, per person and night (not cumulative). To choose from the restaurant menu up to these amounts. Above them, the client will pay the difference directly at the premises.
In Option 1 Normally our selection of restaurants is in the same hotel or close to it, depending on our great selection of regulars in each location and their availability.
In Option 2 Since in B&B we also include full breakfast but usually do not have restaurant service, this same selection will be close to your great accommodation within a radius of about 10 minutes on foot.
- Individual suite: add to the price £ 30 per night in Option 2 and £ 50 per night in Option 1.
- 5-star luxury accommodations: increase depending on requirements.
- Custom tours: + 15% before discounts and taxes.
- Airport transfers: in the case of not being included + £ 15 per adult / children under 16 years free. Prices per trip.
RESERVATION and PAYMENT OPTIONS:
Reservations: GBP 100 per person.
- Reserve + rest 30 days before the start.
- Reservation + monthly payments the 1st of every month. Last payment 30 days before the start. No interest.
- In 3 payments: Reserve + 50% the rest 30 days before the start of our services and 50% on the first day of the month between these two payments.
- In 2 payments: payment of the Book Now and the rest 30 days before from the beginning of our services.
- One payment in full to reserve. Additional discount of 2% in the total price if this payment is made in full at least 90 days before from the beginning of our services. Only option for reservations less than 30 days from the start.
- Payments by bank transfers. Consult other methods.
- Prices at current value at the time of payments.
- You can proceed to the reservation of your Tour and Holidays, places, options and payment methods through the button "I want to book this Tour" below, the side tab "Reserve" or select your preferences with more options in the following drop down form HERE.
- Recommended minimum age for children: 5 years. More young people consult.
- Children under 5 years: not recommended, under the responsibility of the parents and option only available in Private Tours. Children will travel for free if there are places available and the Tour meets the conditions for them. They will sleep in a shared room with at least one adult in their family. Meals not included. One child under 5 per family is free, from the second the price corresponding to "Children between 5 and 15 years old" will be applied. Consult.
- Up to 18 years: It is necessary to come accompanied with at least one adult.
- Dinners: possibility of contracting this service or not for a value of up to 30 British Pounds from 16 years of age and up to 25 Pounds for children under 16 years of age, per person and night (not cumulative).
- Historic Edinburgh Walking Tour Pack: Most of our programs include this day with entry to Edinburgh Castle, plus visit to the Underground City, Ghost Bus Tour and other guided tours. If it is not included in the chosen program, there is the possibility of adding this day. Prices on our website.
- It is possible to choose the lowest applicable price to each person even within a group.
- Routes: super studied, optimized and selected to enjoy the spectacular landscapes. In the event of major causes outside our company such as extreme weather and impassable works or other unavoidable events, our guide will decide an alternative route of equal beauty as far as possible.
- Accommodations: At “ScotlandTrips International” our selection of usual accommodations is above average on the same rating scales that other companies offer. The two options are subject to availability and options of the beautiful towns to visit. Especially in the wonderful Scotland our B&B and Guest House selection are at the same level of quality and comfort within our excellent selection, being able to be even more comfortable than a hotel, although a hotel offers more services such as restaurant or bar. Depending on the availability on the dates of the contracted services, the accommodation may be located at a greater or lesser distance from the local center or even in the closest locations with availability, without thereby stopping any content of the program or itinerary, therefore The longer the reservation is in advance, the better the conditions and location of the accommodation, as is customary in the tourism sector due to the relationship between supply, demand and dates.
- Possibility of luxury accommodations 5 stars and personalized tours: see supplements.
- Luggage: Unless otherwise notified, it is allowed to bring one cabin or medium-size suitcase per person. Since we usually operate to improve the quality and attention of our services in vehicles or minibuses, the space for suitcases is limited and we operate under safety and weight regulations.
- ID card or passport: It is necessary to send us this document for reservations and show it to the Guide for security reasons.
- Travel insurance: It is mandatory to have your travel insurance up to date, it is very economical and can cover any eventuality. It is also recommended that in the unforeseen event that you have to cancel the trip for any eventuality that may happen to you, this section covers you. Our company has all the relevant insurance.
With everything prepared and in order, you are ready to enjoy a wonderful vacation with our company, we are waiting for you, we are waiting for you!.
Consult the Terms of Sale