Christmas Tour in Scotland & Edinburgh; HOGMANAY!
Live with us the magical and famous Christmas in Edinburgh and its HOGMANAY! You will also visit the most famous places in Scotland including Loch Ness!
TOUR OF 5 DAYS + 5 NIGHTS + ACCOMMODATIONS + COMPLETE BREAKFAST AND AIRPORT TRANSFERS INCLUDED.
NEW YEAR'S EVE GALA DINNER and optional dinners.
460 Miles / 740 Km
December 27 to 31
YES, yes and yes! You can finally live a dream, you can finally feel incredible, fraternal, romantic, friendly, sentimental and unforgettable Christmas movies, a Northern ChristmasWith its lights, colors, typical decorations of the Northern countries, chants in English, live music and in the street, pubs, food, drink, Scottish dances, celebrations, own shows and much more! All this in the warmth of a typical and romantic fireplace in a Scottish pub! or at the famous Edinburgh German market with a hot wine and typical food to combat the cold Christmas weather of Northern Scotland and its impressive capital Edinburgh.
With family, friends, partner, alone or accompanied, you will live the romantic Christmas movie dream, all this is lived and enjoyed in Scotland and especially Edinburgh. Combining all our enthusiasm, love and devotion for the land of the Picts: Alba !, the special Christmas feeling that it offers to all who come and our experienced selection of activities, visits and shows plus our friendly company, we will make you feel the warmth and friendship of the magnificent and welcoming Scotland and its capital Edinburgh. A great and magnificent program gathering the best of these dates in a legendary country like Alba, It will make you be amazed and in love with its people, lights, colors, fraternal atmosphere and whether you come alone or accompanied you will feel and we will make you feel as a family. There will be essential visits such as a walk through the famous Loch Ness, the Harry Potter Viaduct and many others, but what will leave you "hooked" forever with the country of the Picts is the atmosphere of its capital Edinburgh that we will live for 3 wonderful days and his incredible party: HOGMANAY; of Celtic and Viking origins where people from all over the world meet on these dates! Come with us we wait for you!
For the whole family, group or make new friends
Our prices are always all-inclusive, with no extra outlay.
- The magical Edinburgh and its Hogmanay!
- The Caledonian Canal
- Ness Lake
- Cairngorms National Park
- The Highlands
- Loch Lomond & Trossachs National Park
- Hole but
- The Kingdom of Fife and much more!
DAY 1: Historical day and wonderful landscapes and towns!
Regions: Kingdom of Fife, Perthshire & Cairngorms National Park!
Beautiful dates to visit ALBA - SCOTLAND, the beautiful and legendary land of the Celtic Picts. The Christmas They are magical days wrapped in beauty and friendship in Scotland, we will see it throughout all these fraternal days that we will enjoy together while practically all the houses, in these cold days, wrap us with colored lights and ornaments throughout all this fantastic country.
We leave from the capital, the Athens of the North; Edinburgh, with our first stop under the bridges of the Fjord of Forth, in the beautiful town of south queensferryAlthough this is a historic village, it is best known today for the location of the three amazing bridges of Edinburgh, of which, one is Heritage. On this first day knowing and touring Scotland we will cross through the largest national park in the country, that of the cairngorms, where we will visit the mountain town Aviemore and its romantic and classic train station. We will see how the whole town is adorned with lights and wonderful Christmas motifs. We will also visit the famous town of St. Andrews where the sport of Golf. We visit the imposing ruins of its magnificent Cathedral, beach where was the great movie filmed "Fire cars" and its illuminated center with its beautiful local pubs and taverns as well as the views of its castle at the foot of a cliff. This is not all for this first day, no pitlochry, the quintessential Victorian Scottish town and its pleasant Christmas atmosphere will catch us. In addition to other wonderful views and landscapes we will reach today the capital of the Highlands or Highlands no known limits; Inverness. Watered by the River ness and watched by his castle It will offer us spectacular Christmas images and lights so we will stay here to enjoy our first night on the road.
Regions: The Highlands; the Caledonian Canal and Loch Ness!
Impressive day today too, we are going to visit one of the most spectacular, tourist and therefore impressive areas in all of Scotland; the Loch Ness and the Caledonian Canal! Let's go there!. We set out to navigate Loch Ness in a beautiful Catamaran with typical Christmas decorations and we look for Nessie that perhaps he will come out to greet us on these special dates. We landed on the ancient Urquhart Castle on the shores of the same glacial lake and we explore it, the greetings of the warm people of the place and the friendly glances will not be lacking. This is not all, no, we will show you some of the revolving bridges that run along this famous canal located in the Falla de las Highlands o Highlands and linking the Atlantic Ocean With the cold North Sea. This enormous fault marks the line of union and collision of two completely different lands at the time of the Caledonian orogenesis between 520 and 400 million years ago and we go through it. Glenfinnan and Lake Shiel, better known for the viaduct located here and that appears in the saga of Harry Potter as well as the lake where the Hogwarts castle. This area is historically important for the landing of Prince Bonnie Charles Edward Stuart in the Jacobite uprising of 1745 as narrated by the famous TV series Outlander! Speaking of the same famous series and coming from Inverness, we visited the town and capital of outdoor sports of Fort William, typical Scottish High Street full of shops and pubs that we will live in full Christmas atmosphere and decoration and where we will enjoy local hospitality, have dinner and spend a comforting Evening and Christmas night, beautiful and bucolic day!
Regions: Glencoe Valley, Trossachs National Park and Edinburgh!
Well, we have taken you to many typical and hidden places and visits of the country of the Picts but we still have the most impressive part of this spectacular program and we are going to direct our route towards it. We enter this morning at dramatic and grand Glencoe Valley, in which in addition to having filmed scenes from great movies such as "Braveheart "," James Bond Skyfall "," Harry Potter "or" Rob Roy " Among others, a historical and sad event occurred for the area which we will tell you when we arrive there. Views like the great mountains Three Sisters, Lake Tulla or the bay itself Loch leven they will leave us totally amazed. Very complete and wonderful day like everyone in our expert programs. This day will make us feel the whole mix and set of the different aspects of this legendary country called by its first peoples the Picts: ALBA! We continue and visit the imposing Stirling castle, twin brother of the one in Edinburgh that we will also visit, this is also an impregnable fortress on a volcanic rock that had exceptional importance and significance for Scotland in the wars to preserve its sovereignty. From the castle we can also see the great Monument to the national hero William Wallace. Great battles like the "Stirling bridge"With William Wallace wave of "Bannockburn"With the king of Scots par excellence Robert the Bruce and both won to the English kings Eduardo I and II respectively, took place in the surroundings of this same castle in the years 1297 and 1314 respectively. Furthermore, the beloved Queen of Scots "Mary Queen of Scots”Or María Estuardo, was crowned here with only nine months of age! Historic and impressive this place too, but we will get here by going down the shores of the largest lake in the whole of the United Kingdom: the Loch Lomond and the spectacular views of it from the pretty town of Luss through which we will walk. The wonderful views offered by the Trossachs National Park they are indescribable. Not everything is here today, no, we got to …… EDINBURGH! The capital of Scotland and also of the Christmas celebrations in this land of legend. To open your mouth about the three incredible and Christmas days of celebrations and events that we are going to enjoy In this northern city, we are going to take you to visit the oldest and most mysterious places in it in the "Ghost Bus Tour", un environment and setting without equal to see this mysterious city cradle of "Sherlock Holmes"And"Doctor Jekyll & Mr. Hyde”. Later surprise; dinner in one of the most spectacular and amazing restaurants in the city! We assure you that Scotland and after going down the Highlands, will conquer your heart forever today but there is much more left!
Welcome to Scottish Christmas, Edinburgh Christmas!
DAY 4: The Grand Visit to beautiful Edinburgh at Christmas!
Regions: Edinburgh, the Athens of the North!
Let's go there! Ready? You have to take advantage of your succulent breakfast and gather strength for the magnificent day today. After our wonderful experience visiting the main beauties of Alba and visiting last night on the Ghost Tour the most historical and dark corners of the city and already located, we are going to show you today the edinburgh jewelry. We are going to visit the most iconic sights of old Edinburgh, inhabited since at least Roman times and…. delighting us with the entire city dressed and set in a Nordic Christmas atmosphere. Today we visit the legendary fortress of the Edinburgh Castle and the 'Crown Jewels'. Built on a volcanic rock, it watches over the entire city. Is this the castle according to the records, more times besieged from across the UK. Inhabited by the great Queen of Scots "Mary Queen of Scots”And numerous other monarchs, it was built as a defense fort and today it still houses military offices. But we are not going to stay only in this impressive fortress and the wonderful grounds of the commercial "Princes Street ", but we will visit all the famous "Royal Mile ” and its "secrets”, The most famous Protestant cathedral in Scotland; "St. Giles´ Cathedral ”, the market place and the condemned were executed in the Middle Ages: "Grassmarket" and "Cowgate", gateway for livestock to said square. We will also see the filmed and photographed "Victoria Street", We will show you where the famous television saga of "Harry Potter", the alley where the protagonist Jaime from the award-winning series "Outlander" He had his printing press and… .. yes, we will have a lunch in one of the famous Scottish style pubs from the visited center to gather strength and be able to continue with our visits. We continue on foot to continue enjoying the kindness and beauty of Edinburgh at Christmas. We also see the great monument to Sir Walter Scott, the second highest in the world to a writer and we will take pictures of the beautiful Edinburgh at night from the top of the monumental calton hill hill. Among many other things and for lovers of the mysterious, we will also visit part of the "Subway City" and of course all this traveling both the Old Town as in New Town, World Heritage Sites for its incredible victorian buildings! We are not finished yet, we are going to attend the great "Parade of Torches" in which thousands of people lower the "Royal Mile" honoring this Viking tradition from the times when these peoples settled in Scotland. We also see in passing and to enjoy it the next day, the internationally famous "Christmas market" of European tradition and we will end up resting and enjoying a wonderful dinner in another of the most impressive and famous restaurants in the city!
The next day, the great day of Christmas awaits us, the 31st: HOGMANAY !!!!
DAY 5: NEW YEAR'S EVE! THE BIG PARTY! HOGMANAY !!!
Regions: The Beautiful Edinburgh at Christmas !!!
Today is all SPECTACULAR AND MAGICAL! It is fortunate that you could be and you have decided on him voted most beautiful country in the world in 2017 but… .. above all TODAY, DECEMBER 31 en New Years Eve in one of the most beautiful and visited cities in all of Europe!, Incredible the atmosphere and fraternal Christmas warmth that you are going to live and enjoy with all your heart in the ancient yet modern Edinburgh!. Go for it! Although December 31 is the last night of the year and therefore special in most of the world, Edinburgh celebrates it in a very special way with its HOGMAY! First of all we are going to tell you what he is HOGMAY"; is how the celebration is called in Scotland and especially in Edinburgh to the New Years Eve and its celebrations that begin about three days before, to Scottish style and it is not surprising given what we like in this country some good events and parties… .. These celebrations and festivities have Viking origin in Scotland since these peoples also settled here and forged part of the roots of the Scots and their culture. These celebrations were motivated by the Winter Solstice. The word itself has its origin in the return of the Great Queen of Scotland in 1561. "Mary Queen of Scots", "Mary Stuart" or "María Estuardo", from his exile in France, could be translated as "Day of the Grand Gala." With all these ingredients you can imagine in advance the great festivity and brotherly warmth that you are going to live and taste. Celtic dances, ice skating rink, Christmas music, lights and shows fill the center of the city. Well, to check it in the morning you will enjoy free time for mostly shopping or shopping if you want in "Princes Street" and also for you to visit the illuminated and spectacular "George Street", where we will pick you up after your lunch to enjoy together the great Christmas atmosphere of the "Great Christmas Market", one of the best and most beautiful Christmas markets in all of Europe! Full of lights and colors. We will prepare now for the Great Night, Dinner and Fireworks. At dusk we offer you two alternatives; If you want to continue the celebrations with us, which we strongly recommend so that you enjoy the great atmosphere of the Scottish New Years Eve in magical Edinburgh and whatever your age is here that is not taken into account at all (except children), continue in our company throughout the "Gala Dinner" and night in one of the most amazing and magical pubs in town. In it we can enjoy "Ceilidh Dances" (typical Scottish dance) and dance it in an extraordinary and magical restaurant with the vaults of a church as a roof, magic, candles, music, magnificent menu and view of the Fireworks that are launched from Edinburgh Castle. In the same large premises the night and party with live music until the wee hours (depending of course on the mood and desire of each one). The another option that we offer you and more suitable for families if you bring your minor children, it is dine at your wonderful hotel or choose a restaurant. In both cases it is necessary that we notify with all the possible advance to reserve your place or notify your hotel of the table reservation. Restaurants, hotels and more are full of joy and celebrations throughout the month of December in magical Edinburgh!
We assure you that the feeling and affection that you will take living these dates with us in Scotland will be magical and unforgettable! We wait for you, run !!!!
DAY 1 JANUARY:
Whether you leave Edinburgh since many people take their flights on this day, or if you decide to stay for more dates, we will provide you with all the necessary information and events that, although to a lesser extent, take place in the city on this date.
We recommend the fun and crazy gathering of people who bathe in the cold North Sea today to welcome the new year. This celebration takes place in the beautiful and bucolic town of South Queensferry at 12.30:XNUMX pm and is called: "Loony Dook". We are sure that you will enjoy a good time and fun atmosphere here in our beloved Scotland!
NOTICE: this year 2020 there will be activities such as the Christmas market or the parade of broken torches or that may not be celebrated but are free activities that are equivalent to free time, the rest of the program continues as is.
VISITS AND ACTIVITIES INCLUDED IN THE PRICE:
The Jewels of our Tour.
- GLENFINNAN VIADUCT & SHIEL LAKE (Harry Potter)
- LOS CAIRNGORMS NATIONAL PARK
- ST ANDREWS CATHEDRAL AND CASTLE (castle exterior views)
- NESS LAKE CRUISE (included)
- CALEDONIAN CANAL
- THREE SISTERS
- LAKE LOMOND
- FORT AUGUSTUS
- STIRLING CASTLE (entrance included)
- TROSSACHS NATIONAL PARK
- TULLA LAKE
- URQUHART CASTLE (entrance included)
- THE THREE BRIDGES OF EDINBURGH
- VILLA OF LUSS (ride)
- FORT WILLIAM
- SOUTH QUEENSFERRY
- EDINBURGH CHRISTMAS WALK TOUR: Old & New Towns.
- EDINBURGH CASTLE (entrance included)
- EDINBURGH GHOST BUS TOUR (included)
- THE UNDERGROUND CITY OF EDINBURGH (included)
- ROYAL MILES, etc (walk)
- EDINBURGH CHRISTMAS MARKET (visit)
- HOGMANAY: THE GREAT NEW YEAR'S EVE GALA AND CELEBRATION (Optional, ask us to hire)
Detailed itinerary before the start of the Tour.
No additional costs.
SPECIAL NOTE FOR THIS MAGNIFICENT CHRISTMAS PROGRAM:
It is necessary to emphasize that if the wonderful Scotland is a country with a lot of tourist demand, usually given its beauty and history, it is even more so on these special Christmas dates. To guarantee a place in this SPECIAL CHRISTMAS program, it is necessary to make the reservation payment even more promptness and deadline possible, due to the large influx of people from all over the world to bucolic Edinburgh at Christmas, given its beautiful atmosphere, events and celebrations. The total of available places are 30. as reservation payment order and up December 1. We cannot guarantee until when there will be places available in the Great dinner and New Year's Eve Gala in Edinburgh "Hogmanay", since this day is known and demanded worldwide! (Interested in the Gala and Dinner, ask us for a hiring valued at 150 Pounds sterling per person. Not for children under 18. Whoever prefers to celebrate the big dinner at your hotel, please also notify us as soon as possible to reserve your table, dinner on behalf of the client).
SERVICES INCLUDED IN THE PRICE:
All Activities the activities and visits indicated are included in our closed priceIn this way, the only expenses you have to add are your travel and flight insurance.
- TRANSFERS FROM AND TO THE AIRPORT.
- TOUR OF 5 DAYS AND 5 NIGHTS.
- DOUBLE SUITE ACCOMMODATIONS WITH 3/4 STAR PRIVATE BATHROOM.
- 5 COMPLETE SCOTTISH BREAKFAST
- NEW YEAR'S EVE DINNER AND GALA; Recommended: "Grand Gala and Hogmanay Dinner”Additional cost: 150 pounds or dinner not included)
- COMFORTABLE MID-RANGE VEHICLE - HIGH.
- LOCAL GUIDE AND DRIVER SERVICES IN SPANISH & ENGLISH.
- EXPLANATIONS, ACCOMPANIMENT AND GENERAL CULTURAL INFORMATION OF THE GUIDE.
- VISITS AND INDICATED ACTIVITIES.
- ALSO WE PICK YOU UP AND TAKE YOU TO YOUR HOTELS.
Option to include dinners.
We provide you with all the extra nights you need in the impressive capital of Scotland; Edinburgh, contact us.
Not included in the price:
- GREAT NEW YEAR'S EVE GALA IN EDINBURGH: HOGMANAY! (Optional hiring. Request reservation and additional payment. Cost: 150 GBP per person. Not for children under 18 years old.)
- Travel or personal insurance (mandatory)
- Own purchases or not described in the included section.
- Personal assistant or porter service. (Our guides always ready to help).
DATES OF DEPARTURE AND START OF THE TOUR FROM EDINBURGH:
Ask us for other departure or return points.
Program specially designed for Christmas and New Year's Eve starting on December 27.
Possibility of doing it at any other time of the year without the typical Christmas events.
- On the dates you want from just two people, subject to availability.
- To leave with a single person on the dates you want, the price of two people in the Private section applies.
- Book directly by checking if your dates are available in our availability calendar in the "Book" tab on our website or ask us about groups and open dates, email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- You can also send us your request by filling out our reservation form: https://www.scotlandtrips.international/reservas
It is recommended to make reservations as far in advance as possible, preferably from 1 year to 3 months.
PRICES PER PERSON OF THE TOUR CIRCUIT – HOLIDAYS:
Tour also available at any time of the year. The Christmas festivities are obviously not available on other dates.
On the dates you want and from just two people and subject to availability; anticipation counts in your favor!
JUST THE TOUR OPTION:
- We come from 1 to 3 people: £450
- From 4 to 8 people: £418
- From 8 people: £405
More flexible and economical price that includes the entire Tour, without accommodation or entrance tickets included to the attractions described in the section "The Jewels of our Tour", at your choice. We will visit all the points described and you decide if you want to buy your entrance ticket or not, we advise you to book it online in advance. We will inform you of the locations where to reserve your accommodation each night where we take you and pick you up each day. Your choice. Children under 5 years old free (1 per family).
ALL INCLUSIVE OPTIONS:
In high season; Christmas:
- In a small group of 3 to 15 people: Option 1: £1488 / Option 2: £1158
- From two people on Tour Private: Option 1: £1710 / Option 2: £1330 (prices applicable only to adults).
- Young people between 16 and 18 and from 65 years: Option 1: £1339 / Option 2: £1042
- Children between 5 and 15 years old in shared room: Option 1: £1040 / Option 2: £810
- From 4 to 8 people: Option 1: £1383 / Option 2: £1076
- From 9 people: Option 1: £1264 / Option 2: £984
DISCOUNT: “Free Attractions”: - £ 90
Applicable at any price in "All Inclusive" options. With this discount the attractions are free to your reservation. We will visit all the points described and you decide if you want to buy your entrance ticket or not, we advise you to book it online in advance.
Hotel and Bed & Breakfast options to choose from:
- 1 Option: alodgings; 3/4 star double suite hotels near or in the center of the town.
- 2 Option: accommodations; 3-star double suite B&B further from the town center.
Note regarding accommodation: the substantial difference is in the services offered by the type of accommodation and the distance from the center of the town. The type of room is always en suite with private bathroom and full breakfast included. It may vary in terms of "Hotel", "B&B" or "Guest House", depending on availability and in advance with which you book your Tour, Vacation or services. In both options we will drop you off and pick you up at the accommodation itself.
- Open dinner service provided for your comfort, to choose from the restaurant menu.
Price: Supplement of £ 30 per adult and 25 children under 16, per person and night (not cumulative). To choose from the restaurant menu up to these amounts. Above them, the client will pay the difference directly at the premises.
In Option 1 Normally our selection of restaurants is in the same hotel or close to it, depending on our great selection of regulars in each location and their availability.
In Option 2 Since in B&B we also include full breakfast but usually do not have restaurant service, this same selection will be close to your great accommodation within a radius of about 10 minutes on foot.
- Individual suite: £50 per person per night on option 1 and £30 per person per night for option 2. If added to a group no supplement.
- 5-star luxury accommodations: increase depending on requirements.
- Custom tours: + 15% before discounts and taxes.
- Airport transfers: in the case of not being included + £ 15 per adult / children under 16 years free. Prices per trip.
RESERVATION and PAYMENT OPTIONS:
From monthly payments without interest, choose your option:
Reservation: £150 per person.
- Reserve + rest 30 days Before the beginning.
- Reservation + monthly payments the 1st of every month. Last payment 30 days before the start. No Interest.
- In 3 payments: Reserve + 50% of the rest 30 days before the start of our services + 50% on the first day of the month between these two payments.
- In 2 payments: 50% upon reservation + 50% 30 days before our services.
- Additional 2% discount: when the payment is made in full to the reservation and before 90 days before the start of our services.
- Total payment upon reservation: Only option for reservations less than 30 days from the start.
- Prices in the current value of the currency indicated at the time of payments.
Select the method and terms you prefer in the form.
- Wire transfer: the most recommended method from your own bank.
- Credit / Debit Card: two options; select this method in the form below or use the tab on the right margin "Reserve".
- PayPal Invoice: in the payment terms that you choose, options below the form.
- paypal link: Enter the amount you want to pay, we will send the payments and remaining dates according to your selection in the form.
- Recommended minimum age for children: 5 years. More young people consult.
- Children under 5 years: not recommended, under the responsibility of the parents and option only available in Private Tours. Children will travel for free if there are places available and the Tour meets the conditions for them. They will sleep in a shared room with at least one adult in their family. Meals not included. One child under 5 per family is free, from the second the price corresponding to "Children between 5 and 15 years old" will be applied. Consult.
- Up to 18 years: It is necessary to come accompanied with at least one adult.
- Dinners: possibility of contracting this service or not for a value of up to 30 Euros from 16 years of age and up to 25 Euros for children under 16 years of age, per person and night (not cumulative).
- It is possible to choose the lowest applicable price to each person even within a group.
- Routes: super studied, optimized and selected to enjoy the spectacular landscapes. In the event of major causes outside our company such as extreme weather and impassable works or other unavoidable events, our guide will decide an alternative route of equal beauty as far as possible.
- Accommodations: At "ScotlandTrips International" our selection of usual accommodations is above average in the same rating ranges that other companies offer. The two options are subject to availability and options of the beautiful towns to visit. Especially in the wonderful Scotland our B&B and Guest House selection are at the same level of quality and comfort within our excellent selection, being able to be even more comfortable than a hotel, although a hotel offers more services such as restaurant or bar. Depending on the availability on the dates of the contracted services, the accommodation may be located at a greater or lesser distance from the local center or even in the closest locations with availability, without stopping any content of the program or itinerary, therefore The longer the reservation is in advance, the better the conditions and situation of the accommodation, as is usual in the tourism sector due to the relationship between supply, demand and dates.
- Possibility of luxury accommodations 5 stars and personalized tours: see supplements.
- Luggage: Unless otherwise notified, it is allowed to bring one cabin or medium-size suitcase per person. Since we usually operate to improve the quality and attention of our services in vehicles or minibuses, the space for suitcases is limited and we operate under safety and weight regulations.
- Passport or DNI: It is necessary to send us this document for reservations and show it to the Guide for security reasons.
- Travel insurance: It is mandatory to have your travel insurance up to date, it is very economical and can cover any eventuality. It is also recommended that in the unforeseen event that you have to cancel the trip for any eventuality that may happen to you, this section covers you. Our company has all the relevant insurance.
With everything prepared and in order, you are ready to enjoy a wonderful vacation with our company, we are waiting for you, we are waiting for you!.
Customer responsibility consult the Terms of Sale