Scottish Border Tour "Between the Walls"
Tour - Cultural and fun vacation for the whole family, group or making new friends!
TOUR OF 4 DAYS + 3 NIGHTS + ACCOMMODATION + COMPLETE BREAKFAST INCLUDED
Optional Dinners and Airport Transfers
500 Miles / 805 Km
We will discover in this magnificent and historical Tour, the beautiful Scottish Borders and Lowlands as well as the entire Glasgow and Edinburgh area. This wonderful and idyllic country called Scotland or Alba on his tongue Gaelic original is known as a movie country, cataloged by different publications as one of the most precious countries in the world.
In this spectacular Tour of both winter and summer season, we are going to visit the Scottish Borders Mainly, this is how the area of the lowlands that borders Scotland with England is called. We are even going to go beyond this limit to visit some of the beautiful areas that delimit these two countries and visit some remains of the famous and ancient Hadrian's Wall in addition to locations from the famous film saga "Harry Potter".
Our spectacular Tour will take place between the two famous and historical Roman walls that delimited the Lowlands or Lowlands to defend themselves from attacks Picts Scots whom they did not manage to defeat, dominate or conquer further north towards the Highlands or Highlands, thus having to remain the Roman legions in England or "Britannia" called at that time and withdraw from Scotland.
You will of course know the most visited and demanded places in this entire area of Scotland and at the end of this amazing 5-day tour you will feel like one more Scottish and you will be forever in love with it. wonderful land, its culture and customs.
Our prices are always all-inclusive, with no extra outlay.
- Edinburgh & the Lothians
- Hadrian's Wall
- The Antonine Wall
- Scottish Borders
- Northumberland (The Kingdom of Northumbria, Northern England)
- Dumfries & Galloway
- The Greater Glasgow & Valley of the Clyde!
- And much more!
DAY 1: Historical day; Abbeys and Landscapes!
Regions: Lothian & Scottish Borders!
On our first day you will be surprised by the architectural treasures that you are going to see, real relics of the past accompanied by green and manicured landscapes de the Scottish borders. From Edinburgh we headed to the famous chapel "Rosslyn Chapel" where scenes from the famous movie were filmed "The Da Vinci Code" for its mysterious relationship with Masonry. From here we continue our beautiful route towards the borders, we go to the melrose abbey where the heart of the most important king of Scotland who fought and won freedom and independence from the English raids "Robert the Bruce" and that you may have seen in the famous movie of Braveheart, secretly found his resting place to avoid the same end to his death that William Wallace. We still have a lot to see, incredible our beautiful day full of history and curiosities. Scotland in addition to having numerous points that have been declared World Heritage Site by UNESCO, is a very important and recognized worldwide for its great Literature, Universities and Writers such as "Sir Walter Scott", to which the tallest monument in the world is dedicated in Edinburgh, today we are going to visit the great mansion where he lived "Abbotsford House" as well as the abbey that was his resting place "Dryburgh Abbey". We will visit the beautiful town of jedburgh taking a look at your castle to get through waterloo monument a Kelso, the pretty main town of the Borders with the ruins of its imposing abbey. In Kelso we will rest from this exciting day full of historical visits and world famous for its importance.
DAY 2: Towards Hadrian's Wall!
Regions: Scottish Borders & Northumberland (The Kingdom of Northumbria).
Second day, save everything you see in your retina because in few Tours you will see so many locations with such a history as in this one. We go today towards England, if we go to Cross the dividing line between these two historic countries with such a troubled history. We arrived to Berwick Upon Tweed, known for being the dividing town on the east coast and that has belonged to the two countries at different times in history. In the thirteenth century it was one of the most prosperous ports in Europe until 1296 Edward I of England restless for its prosperity and agreements with the French burned the entire town with its inhabitants in addition to later exhibiting the amputated arm of William Wallace. We will see here your dividing bridge and the ruins of the old castle to direct us to Alnwick, beautiful English town where depending if you choose this tour in summer or winter you can visit the famous inside or outside alnwick castle where most of the interiors of the castle of howgarts de Harry Potter. What if we are going to visit at any time of the year that you choose this tour are the beautiful Alnwick Gardens. We arrived at one of the most historically important points of this Tour, the remains of the Hadrian's wall, that like that of Antonino was crossing Britain From East to West. Here we will visit the famous Chesters Roman museum as well as the remains of "Steel Rigg". We haven't finished the day we came back al north of the wall a Scotland. You know the Most romantic place to get married in Scotland where young people according to Scottish law and not the English one could do it in the XNUMXth century without parental consent? we visit it Of course, a line of proceedings was soon created through which the runaway young couples English people came to get married to ... .. we are not going to tell you the name yet, we better take you, this will be our little secret. In our magnificent "diligence" we went to rest at Dumfries, the Scottish capital of Dumfries & Galloway known as "The Queen of the South."
DAY 3: Interesting Cultural day!
Regions: Dumfries & Galloway and Ayrshire!
On our third day we already had a large compendium of history, landscapes and wonderful sensations in our retina. We will continue to surprise you with different activities y visits. We start the day with a walk through Dumfries and then go to the remains of the sweet and romantic Sweetheart Abbey ó sweet heart, founded by Lady Devorgilla in memory of her husband Lord John Balliol. From here we travel to Ayrshire to visit the museum of place of birth of the famous Scottish poet and almost national idol Robert Burns, in the village of Alloway. After this illustrative visit we have another no less important today, to the town dedicated in the XNUMXth century to the manufacture of cotton yarn and Heritage at UNESCO New Lanark, where we will visit its historical and period museum. After this cultural day we take our way to the Greater GlasgowBetween today and tomorrow we will visit the most relevant points of the industrial capital par excellence of Scotland: Glasgow where we are going to spend the night and have our well deserved dinner!
DAY 4: Scotch Whiskey and the Antonine Wall!
Regions: Greater Glasgow and Historic Stirling!
As you may have seen today on the last day of this wonderful and special Tour, our days are full of diverse and interesting content and today it will not be less !. After surprising us with the glasgow jewelry we continue the adventure, we go to the remains of the other famous and historic wall that encloses us together with the Hadrian's wall in this wonderful adventure, the Antonine Wall, both declared by the UNESCO also Heritage. From here, the Romanos dared not go further north, at Scottish Highlands, the inhospitable land and unknown more to them, the attacks of the Celtic Picts they were too cruel. We will see the most important remains of this old wall of which little more than a few rock constructions remains to go to one of the most visited distilleries of the best whiskey in the world, the Scotch, Glengoyne Distillery where we will see the entire process of making it and because it is the best whiskey in the world that gives this wonderful land, or "Water of life", as the ancient Celts called it the first settlers of Alba - Scotland. In addition to everything we are enjoying, visiting and getting to know we are now going to visit the historic castle for the Scottish Wars of Independence Stirling, from which we will also see the William Wallace monument, two national heroes met in this area and two of the most important battles all Scotland were developed here and We are going to tell you about it in situ! As they say in the old cartoons: “There is still more! We see the ruined exteriors of the famous castle where he was born María Estuardo or "Queen Mary of Scots" in the historic town of Linlithgow along with another of the areas where some small remains of what was the Antonine Wall, not far from Linlithgow and without leaving the walls, we return to the capital of Scotland, a World Heritage Site: Edinburgh, where we rest with an extensive knowledge of Scotland and sensations and which you have the option of meeting with us the next day if you prefer. Surely these holidays in our company have shown you things that you did not even imagine about the wonderful and Historic Scotland! It has been a pleasure! We hope to see you again here at Scotland, the Celtic land of dreams!
VISITS AND ACTIVITIES INCLUDED IN THE PRICE:
The Jewels of our Tour.
- ROSSLYN CHAPEL (entrance all year)
- Kelso Abbey (all year)
- LINLITHGOW PALACE (exterior)
- ADRIANO'S WALL MUSEUM (April to October admission included)
- STEEL RIGGING
- STIRLING CASTLE (entrance all year)
- JEDBURGH JAIL CASTLE: (entrance included from April to October)
- MELROSE ABBEY (entrance all year)
- MONUMENT TO WILLIAN WALLACE (views)
- VISIT TO GLENGOYNE WHISKEY DISTILLERY(included all year)
- SWEETHEART ABBEY (included all year)
- BERWICK UPON TWEED
- ABBOTSFORD PALACE (April to October included)
- DRYBURGH ABBEY (entrance all year)
- ROBERT BURNS HOUSE MUSEUM (entrance included all year)
- ALNWICK CASTLE (entrance included from April to October)
- GARDENS OF ALNWICK (entrance included all year)
- NEW LANARK World Heritage Site (entrance included all year)
- REMAINS OF THE WALL OF ANTONINO.
Detailed itinerary before the start of the Tour.
No additional costs.
POSSIBILITY OF JOINING THE 3 DAY TOUR "THE KINGDOM OF FIFE & PERTHSHIRE". AVAILABLE ALL YEAR ROUND!
SERVICES INCLUDED IN THE PRICE:
All Activities the activities and visits indicated are included in our closed priceIn this way, the only expenses you have to add are your travel and flight insurance.
- TOUR OF 4 DAYS AND 3 NIGHTS.
- DOUBLE SUITE ACCOMMODATIONS WITH 3/4 STAR PRIVATE BATHROOM.
- 3 COMPLETE SCOTTISH BREAKFAST.
- COMFORTABLE MID-RANGE VEHICLE - HIGH.
- LOCAL GUIDE AND DRIVER SERVICES IN SPANISH & ENGLISH.
- EXPLANATIONS, ACCOMPANIMENT AND GENERAL CULTURAL INFORMATION OF THE GUIDE.
- VISITS AND INDICATED ACTIVITIES.
- ALSO WE PICK YOU UP AND TAKE YOU TO YOUR HOTELS.
Option to include dinners.
We provide you with all the extra nights you need in the impressive capital of Scotland; Edinburgh, contact us.
Not included in the price:
- Travel or personal insurance (mandatory)
- Own purchases or not described in the included section.
- Personal assistant or porter service. (Our guides always ready to help).
DATES OF DEPARTURE AND START OF THE TOUR FROM EDINBURGH:
Ask us for other departure or return points.
- On the dates you want from just two people, subject to availability.
- To leave with a single person on the dates you want, the price of two people in the Private section applies.
- Book directly by checking if your dates are available in our availability calendar in the "Book" tab on our website or ask us about groups and open dates, email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- You can also send us your request by filling out our reservation form: https://www.scotlandtrips.international/reservas
POSSIBILITY OF JOINING THE 3 DAY TOUR "THE KINGDOM OF FIFE & PERTHSHIRE". AVAILABLE ALL YEAR ROUND!
Reservations are recommended as far in advance as possible.
PRICES PER PERSON OF THE TOUR CIRCUIT – HOLIDAYS:
On the dates you want and from just two people and subject to availability; anticipation counts in your favor!
JUST THE TOUR OPTION:
- We come from 1 to 3 people: £475
- From 4 to 8 people: £440
- From 8 people: £399
More flexible and economical price that includes the entire Tour, without accommodation or entrance tickets included to the attractions described in the section "The Jewels of our Tour", at your choice. We will visit all the points described and you decide if you want to buy your entrance ticket or not, we advise you to book it online in advance. We will inform you of the locations where to reserve your accommodation each night where we take you and pick you up each day. Your choice. Children under 5 years old free (1 per family).
ALL INCLUSIVE OPTIONS:
Throughout the year except high season:
- In a small group of 3 to 15 people: Option 1: £912 / Option 2: £822
- From two people on Tour Private: Option 1: £999 / Option 2: £904 (prices applicable only to adults).
- Young people between 16 and 18 and from 65 years: Option 1: £820 / Option 2: £739
- Children between 5 and 15 years old in shared room: Option 1: £638 / Option 2: £575
- From 4 to 8 people: Option 1: £848 / Option 2: £764
- From 9 people: Option 1: £775 / Option 2: £698
In high season: July, August, Christmas, Easter:
- In a small group of 3 to 15 people: Option 1: £999 / Option 2: £904
- From two people on Tour Private: Option 1: £1103 / Option 2: £994 (prices applicable only to adults).
- Young people between 16 and 18 and from 65 years: Option 1: £902 / Option 2: £813
- Children between 5 and 15 years old in shared room: Option 1: £702 / Option 2: £632
- From 4 to 8 people: Option 1: £932 / Option 2: £840
- From 9 people: Option 1: £852 / Option 2: £768
DISCOUNT: “Free Attractions”: - £ 180
Applicable at any price in "All Inclusive" options. With this discount the attractions are free to your reservation. We will visit all the points described and you decide if you want to buy your entrance ticket or not, we advise you to book it online in advance.
Hotel and Bed & Breakfast options to choose from:
- 1 Option: 3/4 star double suite hotels near or in the center of the town.
- 2 Option: 3-star double suite B&B further from the town center.
Note regarding accommodation: the substantial difference is in the services offered by the type of accommodation and the distance from the center of the town. The type of room is always en suite with private bathroom and full breakfast included. It may vary in terms of "Hotel", "B&B" or "Guest House", depending on availability and in advance with which you book your Tour, Vacation or services. In both options we will drop you off and pick you up at the accommodation itself.
- Open dinner service provided for your comfort, to choose from the restaurant menu.
Price: Supplement of £ 30 per adult and 25 children under 16, per person and night (not cumulative). To choose from the restaurant menu up to these amounts. Above them, the client will pay the difference directly at the premises.
In Option 1 Normally our selection of restaurants is in the same hotel or close to it, depending on our great selection of regulars in each location and their availability.
In Option 2 Since in B&B we also include full breakfast but usually do not have restaurant service, this same selection will be close to your great accommodation within a radius of about 10 minutes on foot.
- Individual suite: £50 per person per night on option 1 and £30 per person per night for option 2. If added to a group no supplement.
- 5-star luxury accommodations: increase depending on requirements.
- Custom tours: + 15% before discounts and taxes.
- Airport transfers: in the case of not being included + £ 15 per adult / children under 16 years free. Prices per trip.
RESERVATION and PAYMENT OPTIONS:
From monthly payments without interest, choose your option:
Reservation: £150 per person.
- Reserve + rest 30 days Before the beginning.
- Reservation + monthly payments the 1st of every month. Last payment 30 days before the start. No Interest.
- In 3 payments: Reserve + 50% of the rest 30 days before the start of our services + 50% on the first day of the month between these two payments.
- In 2 payments: 50% upon reservation + 50% 30 days before our services.
- Additional 2% discount: when the payment is made in full to the reservation and before 90 days before the start of our services.
- Total payment upon reservation: Only option for reservations less than 30 days from the start.
- Prices in the current value of the currency indicated at the time of payments.
Select the method and terms you prefer in the form.
- Wire transfer: the most recommended method from your own bank.
- Credit / Debit Card: two options; select this method in the form below or use the tab on the right margin "Reserve".
- PayPal Invoice: in the payment terms that you choose, options below the form.
- paypal link: Enter the amount you want to pay, we will send the payments and remaining dates according to your selection in the form.
- Recommended minimum age for children: 5 years. More young people consult.
- Children under 5 years: not recommended, under the responsibility of the parents and option only available in Private Tours. Children will travel for free if there are places available and the Tour meets the conditions for them. They will sleep in a shared room with at least one adult in their family. Meals not included. One child under 5 per family is free, from the second the price corresponding to "Children between 5 and 15 years old" will be applied. Consult.
- Up to 18 years: It is necessary to come accompanied with at least one adult.
- Dinners: possibility of contracting this service or not for a value of up to 30 Euros from 16 years of age and up to 25 Euros for children under 16 years of age, per person and night (not cumulative).
- It is possible to choose the lowest applicable price to each person even within a group.
- Routes: super studied, optimized and selected to enjoy the spectacular landscapes. In the event of major causes outside our company such as extreme weather and impassable works or other unavoidable events, our guide will decide an alternative route of equal beauty as far as possible.
- Accommodations: At "ScotlandTrips International" our selection of usual accommodations is above average in the same rating ranges that other companies offer. The two options are subject to availability and options of the beautiful towns to visit. Especially in the wonderful Scotland our B&B and Guest House selection are at the same level of quality and comfort within our excellent selection, being able to be even more comfortable than a hotel, although a hotel offers more services such as restaurant or bar. Depending on the availability on the dates of the contracted services, the accommodation may be located at a greater or lesser distance from the local center or even in the closest locations with availability, without stopping any content of the program or itinerary, therefore The longer the reservation is in advance, the better the conditions and situation of the accommodation, as is usual in the tourism sector due to the relationship between supply, demand and dates.
- Possibility of luxury accommodations 5 stars and personalized tours: see supplements.
- Luggage: Unless otherwise notified, it is allowed to bring one cabin or medium-size suitcase per person. Since we usually operate to improve the quality and attention of our services in vehicles or minibuses, the space for suitcases is limited and we operate under safety and weight regulations.
- Passport or DNI: It is necessary to send us this document for reservations and show it to the Guide for security reasons.
- Travel insurance: It is mandatory to have your travel insurance up to date, it is very economical and can cover any eventuality. It is also recommended that in the unforeseen event that you have to cancel the trip for any eventuality that may happen to you, this section covers you. Our company has all the relevant insurance.
With everything prepared and in order, you are ready to enjoy a wonderful vacation with our company, we are waiting for you, we are waiting for you!.
Customer responsibility consult the Terms of Sale