Scotland Vacation Tour; Edinburgh base! - 7 days.
A full week of Relaxation based in Edinburgh and visiting the most iconic and wonderful places in Scotland!
7 DAYS + 7 NIGHTS + APARTMENT ACCOMMODATION + AIRPORT TRANSFERS INCLUDED.
660 Miles / 1063 Km
Welcome to stunning Edinburgh and beautiful Scotland. Through this relaxed program of Holidays and Tour based in the capital of Alba-Scotland World Heritage Site, you are going to enjoy for 7 days and 7 nights, the beautiful and bucolic Scotland and this architectural and historical jewel that is Edinburgh and that offers, among other things, the most important set of buildings of Gothic, Gregorian and Victorian styles and imposing of all Europe and therefore of the world, with its fortress presiding and guarding the entire city. In addition to the Edinburgh Tour in which we will show you the most important points and activities of this city of which there are records of human settlements for more than 7000 years, we will take you on alternate days to the essential places to visit in this beautiful paradise native of the Pictos Celtic peoples, where the odd Roman legion mysteriously disappeared. Therefore, through this excellent program, you can enjoy your days and free moments in the city and know at the same time; Glasgow, St Andrews, Inverness the capital of the Highlands or Highlands, the mysterious Loch Ness, the Caledonian Canal or the two great National Parks among other beautiful and historic places. If you have also chosen to enjoy this week during the month of August in which the Edinburgh festivities and its international festival are celebrated "The Fringe”, You will live a super cozy atmosphere with people coming from anywhere in the world! All this returning the days of Tour to your apartment in the capital, where you will have all your comforts to live a life as if you were in your own home but in another world, in another fantastic world stopped in a magical time that will catch you ………!
For the whole family, group or make new friends
Our prices are always all-inclusive, with no extra outlay..
- The Capital of Scotland; Edinburgh!
- Cairngorms National Park
- The Kingdom of Fife
- Ness Lake
- The Highlands
- Loch Lomond & Trossachs National Park
- St. Andrews
- The Caledonian Canal
- Lochaber and much more!
DAY 1: Reception and transfer to your apartment in Edinburgh!
You are here! finally you are ready to enjoy your wonderful holidays in the mystical, beautiful and legendary Alba-Scotland, an ancient country where they exist, full of legends, mythology and history and modern and advanced in turn. Today we pick you up at the airport and take you to your apartment which will be your home throughout this week. A brief introduction will be enough for you to rest and take our Edinburgh Tour the next day, visiting the most important places in the Historical Capital and the most outstanding activities in the city. Get comfortable and have a good night, you are here, at home!
DAY 2: “The Athens of the North” World Heritage Site and Capital of Scotland: Edinburgh!
Regions: The beautiful Victorian city of Edinburgh, Capital of Scotland!
Ok, Ready ?: we hope you have rested, today an entertaining day awaits you touring and walking through the great, multicultural and impressive Historic EdinburghWe pick you up in the morning and go there! In this historical, mystical, and at the same time fun day, we are going to visit Edinburgh world heritage site and capital of this wonderful country called Scotland or Alba in Gaelic, its original language. Edinburgh is seated on 7 volcanic hills, two good examples of this, as we will see, are the two hills that start and end the famous "Royal Mile" or "Royal Mile"; the rock on which the Edinburgh castle and the mountain "Arthur Seat" or "Throne of Arthur". In addition to visiting the castle, we will also visit the most "dark" remains of the ancient city us underground. We will walk through the Old and New Towns seeing incredible Victorian buildings for which Edinburgh is a World Heritage Site, the writers museum since this is a city with a very large university and literary tradition with writers like Sir Walter Scott (Ivanhoe, Rob Roy), Arthur Conan Doyle (Sherlock Holmes), Robert Louis Stevenson (Dr. Jekyll & Mr. Hyde), the famous poet Robert Burns and the monument to a tallest writer in the world: sir walter scott monument! among others. We will visit the famous Royal Mile to see the exteriors of the Royal Palace or Holyrood Palace. But, if we have not astonished you enough, this is only half of the impressive content of this historic day. We are going to visit two cathedrals emblematic of the city, the gloomy cemetery of Greyfriar's, we will have our lunch in the tavern that saw the birth of the famous Harry Potter, we will also enjoy the wonderful views of the city from Calton Hill but we are not finished there is no. To discover the most "dark" corners of old Edinburgh, we will travel in the chilling ghost bus resorting to the places that have enveloped the capital of Scotland, with this mysterious mist throughout its history. After this exciting, cultural and fun day we leave you free to enjoy the rest of the city, pubs, etc or just rest …… you have your home to feel comfortable! You will have more days to enjoy the magical and mysterious Edinburgh! Enjoy it!
Day 3: Cosmopolitan and great Glasgow!
Regions: Glasgow City!
After a day off we will continue to show you the essence of the legendary Scotland!. Today we take you to Glasgow, which was the second most powerful city of the British Empire in the Victorian era given its industry and population. Today it is still the most populated city in Scotland, doubling Edinburgh in inhabitants in terms of its metropolitan area or "Greater Glasgow" passing the million two hundred thousand inhabitants, the city as such enjoys half of this population. Glasgow, although it is a cosmopolitan city like Edinburgh, is not so much, being the feeling and pride of being Scottish more rooted in general in this great city than in the capital and of more open and simple people given its industrial character. Some of the most important international companies in Scotland are based in Glasgow, but today, we are going to take you to the oldest and most important buildings in the capital and which gave their origin as such. We will visit the Glasgow cathedral, standing and of an impressive Gothic style later from the year 1136 !. Along with it, we will visit the Glasgow Necropolis, established in 1832, it houses 50.000 of the city's most prominent personalities. Another of the jewels of Glasgow is its University; we are talking about real treasures! The University of Glasgow was opened in 1451, 1582th century. Of marked European character like that of Edinburgh, it is the fourth oldest in the English-speaking world, being that of Edinburgh the sixth (year XNUMX) from which notable students as writers emerged; Arthur Conan Doyle, Robert Louis Stvenson or Alexander Graham Bell inventor of the telephone among others. The oldest of the Scottish universities is The University of St. Andrews (year 1410) and the third oldest in the entire English-speaking world, here the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge studied among other famous historical figures. If we put together these three universities that we will show you, you have the reason for the significant percentage of Writers and Inventors as well as such famous actors from Scotland in a country as sparsely populated as it is today around five and a half million inhabitants. Returning to the University of Glasgow we take you to the courtyards where scenes from the famous saga have also been filmed Harry Potter such as the interior of Hogwarts castle or scenes from the famous television series about Jacobite Scotland Outlander. Well, following our day in Glasgow we will also visit the famous Kelvingrove art gallery which is the most visited museum in all of Great Britain after the museum in London. We will also bring you closer to River clyde where some of the most important shipyards in the world were located and where the ships were built as the most outstanding among others: The "Queen Elizabeth 2", the "Queen Mary" or the "RMS Lucania", shipyards still in operation. We will see the central square of Glasgow "George Square" and city hall. As you see a lot of activity and really historical and important visits today also to know the most populated city in Scotland. We return and we take you to your apartment or to enjoy the magical night of Edinburgh!
DAY 4: Firth of Forth and Trossachs & Loch Lomond National Park Tour!
Regions: Firth of Forth: Stirlingshire, Trossachs and Fife.
Ready? We are going to enjoy a bucolic and incredible day full of great sensations and different experiences. First thing in the morning, we left for linlithgow, yes, a historic town already as a first step. Here we admire what was the "Palace of the Stuarts“, Linlithgow Palace is the birthplace of Maria stuart, "Queen of scots". Investigating the Palace or walking along its lake we are going to enjoy an incredible morning but, following in the footsteps of “Mary Queen of Scots”, we arrive at Stirling, antigua and proud capital of Scotland. Here took place the two most important battles to preserve the independence of Scotland as a nation, "The Battle of Stirling Bridges”In 1297 defeating the English troops of Edward I by the Scots with William Wallace to the front and "The Battle of Bannockburn", In 1314 with the King of Scotland Robert the Bruce at the head of his troops and in which he defeated the English army of Edward II. As you can feel, we are visiting a truly historic part of Scotland. In the Stirling castle was crowned "Queen of Scots" Mary Stuart when she was less than a year old, and since this castle was the stronghold for Robert The Bruce's army during the misnamed Wars of Scottish Independence, let's look into it!
Well, incredible and historic day so far, but we still have a lot of experiences to live and enjoy. Do you know the television series "Outlander"And"Game of Thrones“?, We are also going to visit the Doune Castle, loved by the camera appears in several TV movies and series, today we are here too! Amazing day, but this is not all ... on the way to aberfoyle through the “Duke's Pass“We are surprisingly seeing typical Highland lakes and munros further north.
It's time to enjoy a coffee on the shores of the beautiful and romantic lake katrina. Birthplace of Rob Roy; Clan MacGregor Chief and with his own movie starring Liam Neeson !. After this bucolic Scottish lake, we will arrive at the tourist callander, not without first seeing some of the friendlies highland cows. In addition to enjoying all this, we deserve a hot coffee in another picturesque and cinematic Scottish town: culross en The Kingdom of Fife, where many of the scenes of the magnificent series "Outlander" have been filmed.
Day 5: The Kingdom of Fife, St. Andrews! Highland Road!
Regions: The Kingdom of Fife & Cairngorms National Park!
Wonderful and historic day yesterday. Today we are going to tour and enjoy The Kingdom of Fife and all its facets; from the Abbey where remains of Kings and Queens of Scotland, fishing villages, Castles and the Birthplace of Golf!. Also, today you will sleep in the capital of the Highlands or Highlands; the city without limits crossed by the River Ness; Inverness !. We set off and visit a historic village that might as well be in the Highlands; south queensferry and edinburgh bridges. The most important Kings and Queens in Scottish history were "Robert the Bruce" and "Maria Estuardo", today we are going to bring you to the Dunfermile Abbey, where the remains of King Robert The Bruce rest, who defeated the troops of Edward II of England in 1314 and enforced the sovereignty of Scotland until the union of the crowns, we visited the important and historic place where his body is buried as it was the one with the Queen Margaret of Scotland and her Husband King Malcom III. But this is not all; do you know why the flag of Scotland? It is the cross of San Andrés, taken by the arrival of the relics of this apostle in the XNUMXth century to the town of St. Andrews that bears his name and where Golf was born! Here we visit the ruins of its imposing Cathedral and Castle!. After all these beautiful and cultural visits we have not finished far from it! We go through another picturesque and typical Scottish village listed as a "conservation" town; Dunkeld. We also arrive at one of the most touristic towns in Scotland; pitlochry; seated near the magic tay forest and cradle of Pictos settlements we walk through its main street observing its impressive Victorian-style buildings and ……. There's still more; we take you on the way to Inverness; the capital of the Highlands where we will walk alongside the River ness! Yes, today you rest this the only night away from your apartment, in the far away Inverness heart of the Highlands!
Day 6: Munros, Lakes and Castles; Breathtaking scenery!
Regions: The Caledonian Canal, The Highlands & Loch Lomond & The Trossachs National Park!
Spectacular day today too, perhaps the most romantic and bucolic route in all of Scotland! We launched ourselves as soon as we had a succulent and complete Scottish breakfast at surf by Lake Ness, the most famous lake in the world! We are going to try to find its shy inhabitant "Nessie”On the way to its also famous and old castle since some of the rocks date back to the year 600 Urquhart! Here we disembark, in the castle itself to search for its most hidden secrets. Surely you have heard the word "Caledonian”Name given by the Romans to this middle area of the Scottish Highlands which they could not conquer given the fierceness with which its inhabitants the Celts Picts defended it and the climate of that time. Well, we traveled along the Channel that bears his name; "The Caledonian Canal”And that communicates for small boats and pleasure yachts the Scottish North Sea with the Atlantic Ocean across all of Scotland! We visit their locks in Fort Augustus and its beautiful lakes like the Loch Lochy! The capital of outdoor sports; Fort William at the foot of Snow Mountain (Ben Nevis) and the famous Valley of Tears: Glen coe, we will tell you his story of course. Among all these points of visit and many others and although Loch Ness with its more than 36 km in length is the lake that contains the most water in the whole United Kingdom, we will also visit the great Loch lomond in the National Park that bears his name and Los Trossachsas this is the largest lake in the UK! Scotland is incredible and only one of these two lakes contains more fresh water than all the lakes in England and Wales combined, it is a movie country made up of some 790 islands and islets and it shows it. Well after visiting luss we are going to Edinburgh so that you can rest in your apartment after these two bucolic and incredible days in the Highlands moved back in time!
DAY 7: Free Day in Edinburgh!
Regions: Edinburgh City!
Indeed and after knowing all the aspects of the beautiful Scotland from our hand, today you already have all the free day to enjoy the atmosphere of the capital of Scotland, visit what you have pending, do your shopping or whatever pleases you comfortably. Tomorrow will already be your day of departure and you will need time to refresh in your mind everything that you have enjoyed comfortably in this wonderful week in which it will seem that you have moved as we say to another time and you will confirm it to us in awe! Enjoy the day!. We do not say goodbye, after this wonderful trip we hope to see you again here, in Scotland, the earth Celta dreamlike!
VISITS AND ACTIVITIES INCLUDED IN THE PRICE:
The Jewels of our Tour.
- LAKE NESS AND URQUHART CASTLE CRUISE (both included)
- GLASGOW; Cathedral, University, Kelvingrove Art Gallery and others.
- DUNFERMLINE ABBEY (entrance included)
- LAKE KATRINA
- STIRLING CASTLE (entrance included)
- FORT AUGUSTUS
- CATHEDRAL & CASTLE OF ST. ANDREWS (both tickets included)
- LINLITHGOW PALACE (entrance included)
- EDINBURGH CASTLE (entrance included)
- Glen Coe
- DOUNE CASTLE (entrance included)
- SOUTH QUEENS FERRY
- FORT WILLIAM
- THREE SISTERS MOUNTAINS
- THE THREE BRIDGES OF EDINBURGH
- TULLA LAKE
- UNDERGROUND CITY OF EDINBURGH (entrance included)
- LAKE LOMOND & LUSS
- EDINBURGH GHOST BUS TOUR (included)
Detailed itinerary before the start of the Tour.
No additional costs.
SERVICES INCLUDED IN THE PRICE:
This magnificent program of Holidays and Tours in Scotland is designed for a more relaxed experience and enjoyment of the country so the nights are in apartment with kitchen, washing machine, refrigerator and all the services of a house so it does not include meals or breakfasts. Also note that todas the activities and visits indicated are included in our closed priceIn this way, the only expenses you have to add are your travel and flight insurance.
- TRANSFERS FROM AND TO THE AIRPORT.
- VACATION OF 7 DAYS AND 7 NIGHTS.
- ACCOMMODATION IN ENTIRE APARTMENT.
- COMFORTABLE MID-RANGE VEHICLE - HIGH.
- LOCAL GUIDE AND DRIVER SERVICES IN SPANISH or ENGLISH.
- EXPLANATIONS, ACCOMPANIMENT AND GENERAL CULTURAL INFORMATION OF THE GUIDE.
- VISITS AND INDICATED ACTIVITIES.
- ALSO WE PICK YOU UP AND TAKE YOU TO YOUR HOTELS.
Not included in the price:
- Travel or personal insurance (mandatory)
- Own purchases or not described in the included section.
- Meals (kitchen in apartment)
- Personal assistant or porter service. (Our guides always ready to help).
DATES OF DEPARTURE AND START OF THE TOUR FROM EDINBURGH:
Ask us for other departure or return points.
- On the dates you want from just two people, subject to availability.
- To leave with a single person on the dates you want, the price of two people in the Private section applies.
- Book directly by checking if your dates are available in our availability calendar in the "Book" tab on our website or ask us about groups and open dates, email: email@example.com
- You can also send us your request by filling out our reservation form: https://www.scotlandtrips.international/reservas
Reservations are recommended as far in advance as possible.
TOUR PRICES - ALL INCLUSIVE HOLIDAYS IN APARTMENT:
On the dates you want and from just two people and subject to availability; anticipation counts in your favor!
From March to October:
- For two and three people: £ 3342 in total.
- For 4 people: £ 3966 in total.
- For 8 people: £ 6390 in total.
- Children under 5 years: free.
In July, August and Christmas:
- For two and three people: £ 3822 in total.
- For 4 people: £ 4446 in total.
- For 8 people: £ 6990 in total.
- Children under 5 years: free.
RESERVATION and PAYMENT OPTIONS:
From monthly payments without interest, choose your option:
Reservation: £300 per person.
- Reserve + rest 30 days Before the beginning.
- Reservation + monthly payments the 1st of every month. Last payment 30 days before the start. No Interest.
- In 3 payments: Reserve + 50% of the rest 30 days before the start of our services + 50% on the first day of the month between these two payments.
- In 2 payments: 50% upon reservation + 50% 30 days before our services.
- Additional 2% discount: when the payment is made in full to the reservation and before 90 days before the start of our services.
- Total payment upon reservation: Only option for reservations less than 30 days from the start.
- Prices in the current value of the currency indicated at the time of payments.
Select the method and terms you prefer in the form.
- Wire transfer: the most recommended method from your own bank.
- Credit / Debit Card: two options; select this method in the form below or use the tab on the right margin "Reserve".
- PayPal Invoice: in the payment terms that you choose, options below the form.
- paypal link: Enter the amount you want to pay, we will send the payments and remaining dates according to your selection in the form.
- Recommended minimum age for children: 5 years. More young people consult.
- Children under 5 years: not recommended, under the responsibility of the parents and option only available in Private Tours. Children will travel for free if there are places available and the Tour meets the conditions for them. They will sleep in a shared room with at least one adult in their family. Meals not included. One child under 5 per family is free, from the second the price corresponding to "Children between 5 and 15 years old" will be applied. Consult.
- Up to 18 years: It is necessary to come accompanied with at least one adult.
- Dinners: possibility of contracting this service or not for a value of up to 30 Euros from 16 years of age and up to 25 Euros for children under 16 years of age, per person and night (not cumulative).
- It is possible to choose the lowest applicable price to each person even within a group.
- Routes: super studied, optimized and selected to enjoy the spectacular landscapes. In the event of major causes outside our company such as extreme weather and impassable works or other unavoidable events, our guide will decide an alternative route of equal beauty as far as possible.
- Accommodations: At "ScotlandTrips International" our selection of usual accommodations is above average in the same rating ranges that other companies offer. The two options are subject to availability and options of the beautiful towns to visit. Especially in the wonderful Scotland our B&B and Guest House selection are at the same level of quality and comfort within our excellent selection, being able to be even more comfortable than a hotel, although a hotel offers more services such as restaurant or bar. Depending on the availability on the dates of the contracted services, the accommodation may be located at a greater or lesser distance from the local center or even in the closest locations with availability, without stopping any content of the program or itinerary, therefore The longer the reservation is in advance, the better the conditions and situation of the accommodation, as is usual in the tourism sector due to the relationship between supply, demand and dates.
- Possibility of luxury accommodations 5 stars and personalized tours: see supplements.
- Luggage: Unless otherwise notified, it is allowed to bring one cabin or medium-size suitcase per person. Since we usually operate to improve the quality and attention of our services in vehicles or minibuses, the space for suitcases is limited and we operate under safety and weight regulations.
- Passport or DNI: It is necessary to send us this document for reservations and show it to the Guide for security reasons.
- Travel insurance: It is mandatory to have your travel insurance up to date, it is very economical and can cover any eventuality. It is also recommended that in the unforeseen event that you have to cancel the trip for any eventuality that may happen to you, this section covers you. Our company has all the relevant insurance.
With everything prepared and in order, you are ready to enjoy a wonderful vacation with our company, we are waiting for you, we are waiting for you!.
Customer responsibility consult the Terms of Sale
Share this Tour in: