Adventure Tour in the Faroe Islands
One of the most spectacular and remote archipelagos on earth in its purest state!
TOUR OF 7 DAYS + 7 NIGHTS + ACCOMMODATIONS + BREAKFAST AND DINNER INCLUDED!
Airport transfers included
160 Miles / 260 Km
May to August
Adventure and trekking in the beautiful Faroe Islands: In this incredible and active 7-day tour we will discover all the natural beauty of the wild and remote Faroe Islands. Consolidating itself as one of the most beautiful natural landscapes, it is well worth exploring them through this beautiful Tour and Vacation program at the same time, as its wonderful landscapes invite us to do a bit of trekking and exercise. We must bear in mind that it is one of the most remote islands on earth and this makes them privileged in terms of preserving their authenticity and in turn, they make with their orography and location of this, one of the Tours and more authentic programs while conditioning their development to adaptation to the environment.
In the middle of the Atlantic Ocean, located in the North between Scotland, Iceland and Norway and made up of eighteen mountainous islands, emerges the wonderful archipelago of the Faroe Islands! Its name translated from the local language, Faroese, is called “The Sheep Islands”.
These impressive islands taken from another time, have remained almost inaccessible until relatively not many years ago and only promoted by intrepid travelers who ventured to enjoy their vacations in the same calls for the mystical and mysteriousness of their remote location. So let's go on this wonderful 7-day tour taken from a dream to enjoy all its jewels and characteristics; rain and sun, exceptionally fresh and pure air, the force of the mighty Atlantic Ocean, the countless Puffins, the enormous and impressive cliffs, the intense green of its grass, the huts with grass on its roofs, the colorful and small fishing villages, the traditional Viking-style wooden boats and the friendly Faroese population, make up this remote and remote natural paradise that is offered to us and of which we will be part for a few days or perhaps, who knows, if throughout our lives since it really traps lovers of nature in its purest form.
Nowhere else in the world than on the island of Mykines do you feel so much the vastness of the Atlantic Ocean and the curvature of the blue planet. Come, we are going to make you enjoy and show you the original culture and language of this wonderful and remote archipelago as well as the traditions of the Faroese who enjoy the permanent northern light! Come live this dream with us !!
Recommended tour for active people between 18 and 65 years old
Our prices are always all-inclusive, with no extra outlay.
Regions to visit:
- Vagar Island
- Mykines Island
- Streymoy Island
- Noröradalur and much more!
DAY 1: Arrival to the island of Vágar, day of presentation and knowledge!
Regions: Vágar Island and the village of Bøur or Gásadalur!
Ready? Let's go for our dream. On this first day we will pick you up at the airport in Vágar and taking into account the characteristics and orography of these bucolic islands, we are going to explain to you in a comfortable meeting in the heat of a coffee, the necessary information and knowledge of where we are as well as some details of the excursions and trekking that we are going to do during these days. We also visited the impressive elevated lake of Sørvágsvatn or Leitisvatn, looking out over the ocean and high above it at 40 meters high and on an impressive and vertiginous cliff, it appears as an optical illusion in many of the photos that today can be seen promoting the Faroe Islands, but it is real and we visit it today or the next day depending on the time of your arrival. A small excursion will put us in context or if we prefer a walk through the beautiful town of Sørvágur. We are also going to visit the small and beautiful villas of Bour y Gasadalur as well as the precious waterfall over the ocean of Mulafossur. After already astonished us by the natural beauty of the place and the picturesque little town, we gathered together for a comforting dinner and a beautiful evening at our Hotel to launch ourselves more prepared for the second and precious day. We will have dinner and rest today at the island hotel in Vagar.
DAY 2: Exploring the mystical island of Mykines!
Regions: Mykines Island!
We are going there, we are going for the second day eager to know in depth this treasure of nature that are the Islas Feroe. We embark to explore the wonderful mykines island. Due to its more isolated situation, it has always been more depopulated, so that only around a dozen inhabitants live there permanently. In summer however, a lot of Faroese They come to Mykines to enjoy the place of origin of their ancestors. Today we will have a wonderful hiking excursion about 3 hours. We will walk by Mykineshólmur discovering the most beautiful corners of this small island enjoying the company of the friendly Puffins, friendly sheep and dizzying cliffs with the lighthouse at the edge of the end of the world guarding them. The feeling that is produced by being in this world-famous image of the Faroe Islands is priceless, it seems that we are indeed in the lighthouse at the end of the world, the road on an impressive cliff towards the Holmur Lighthouse It is totally spectacular, incredible images and feelings that we are going to experience here. We will also enjoy after this bucolic day in a beautiful and comfortable local house with all the characteristics of the island and where we will prepare meals together. Surrounding our dinner which we will prepare ourselves, we will enjoy the wonderful experiences lived today and we will rest in a pleasant local house.
DAY 3: Second day of exploration and trekking on the island of Mykines!
Regions: Mykines; Mount Knúkur!
Let's go to the adventure; Are you ready? We gain strength with our wonderful breakfast and we launch ourselves towards the highest point of the island. We will walk to be able to enjoy the beautiful island for the second day. Since we are in a remote and beautiful place in the world, roads are not common here and to enjoy these islands in their pure state it is necessary to do it on foot and thus be in authentic relationship with nature. Throughout the day and during these 4 hours of trekking at a leisurely pace, we will enjoy the company of waders, puffins, friendly sheep and we will ascend to mount Knúkur, only 560 meters high but with a few immense views of the ocean and the magnificent island. If you election Since you do not feel like walking too much is to enjoy a calmer and more relaxed day, you can of course enjoy the small and picturesque village, visit and try to make friends with one of the friendly villagers having coffee, walking around or shopping in the little local store. All together we will return today to enjoy a pleasant evening and night of comforting rest on the island in a wonderful and charismatic B&B typical of the island.
DAY 4: Exploration of the main island: excursions and fjords!
Regions: Streymoy Island; Vestmanna - Saksun!
Impressive day full of different views and landscapes! Amazed by yesterday, today is an even more precious day for the variety of sensations, experiences and landscapes. Go for it!. After taking our peaceful breakfast, around 11 in the morning we embarked on an adventure, we embarked to return to the Vagar Island. From there we crossed by bus a underwater tunnel Beneath the cold northern waters in the Atlantic Ocean and reach the largest island in the entire archipelago: the island of Streymoy! From the busy little picturesque fishing port of Vestmanna, one of the main towns in the Faroe with more than a thousand inhabitants, we will begin to climb up the mountain on a path, towards the star and beautiful saksun fjord of dramatic beauty. Only in this way can we enjoy incredible views of the fjord and numerous torrents of clean and pure water that are thrown into precipice wounding the mountains and by Cliffs formed by rocks of black basalt, truly views that can only be enjoyed from this high point and that few places in nature can offer us. This trekking excursion can take us about 5 hours at a calm and relaxed pace of course, but if you prefer, we give you the opción today also to enjoy a calmer day in the active village of Vestmanna. Here you can visit the small and active fishing port, their houses with grass on the rooftops to facilitate the feeding of the animals in the cold winter snowfalls, go shopping, visit the museum of “SagaMuseum”In the tourism center, where you can virtually see the history of the islands, or have a two-hour sailing tour seeing the huge cliffs and fjords full of birds from the boat. Whatever your opción It will be equally wonderful, surprising and will be kept forever as a precious memory inside you. We will share our wonderful experiences in our fantastic dinner that we will all prepare together and in the evening in one of the few and bucolic local houses in the mountain area where we will sleep today in a comfortable sleeping bag.
DAY 5: Wonderful landscapes and Faroese folklore!
Regions: Streymoy Island! Saksun Lagoon - Tjørnuvik!
Here we go again! No one can beat us! Today we continue to enjoy the jewels of this island. We are heading this morning on a pleasant walk through the black sand of the precious Saksun lagoon, towards the open sea where we had lunch. After this pleasant moment, we descend a steep path to the small town of Tjørnuvik. With a population of around 70 people and in a beautiful and bucolic black sand bay, it is one of the most beautiful views of the island. Here we will find tombs of the time Viking since the Faroe Islands belong to the crown of Denmark and spectacular views of Sundini Sound. We are surprised by the impressive rock formations emerged from the ocean at the foot of a huge cliff: known as: Risin, "The Giant", and Kellingin, "The Witch". These two Icelandic Trolls from the Faroese mythology, they had the crazy idea of dragging the Faroe Islands to Iceland. Fortunately and when they were ready to do so, the first rays of spring sun came out and both Trolls they were eternally petrified. Today you also have the posibilidad If not, do you feel like walking, visiting locally the tiny village of saksun with about 10 inhabitants and its farm museum of "DuvugaröarAs well as small walks in the surroundings. We will enjoy together a nice dinner with the villagers and a session of typical dance and folklore Faroes in which we can unleash our emotions and get involved in dance. The locals will tell you stories and legends of the islands with the emotional Faroese music in the background. In this bucolic and romantic little town we will spend the night at your community house in a comfortable sleeping bag.
DAY 6: Geological day and typical Faroese farm!
Regions: Streymoy Island: Fyri Vestan - Torshavn!
Well today you also have two OptionsLet's go for the first one. Already today we have experienced almost all the wonderful aspects of these islands preserved in time practically intact in terms of their culture and orography. But…. We are going to discover all its secrets and aspects in this wonderful program of the Faroe Islands, so today, we have to go for more! After our breakfast and refreshments for the day, we take the vehicle to Hundsárabotnur where we begin another beautiful walk of about 4 hours in the west of the island (remember that it is the only way to reach the wonderful natural jewels that these islands hide). From here we will have magnificent views of the island of Vágar. This is a very interesting route geologically, since we can enjoy the "Streymoyarsyllin”; impressive rock formations caused by an ancient volcanic intrusion as a causeway of washed that divides and crosses the entire landscape, forming curious caves as well. We will reach the tiny village of Noröradalur, composed of about 10 inhabitants, where we will have afternoon coffee accompanied by the typical Faroese pastries in a beautiful local farm. From Noröradalsskarö point the bus takes us to the capital of the island: Tórshavn. Your other opción If today you do not feel like doing this excursion or trekking, it is to continue in the vehicle from the morning, enjoying about an hour and a half of travel throughout the east coast of the island and its impressive views of the rest of the islands, coasts and ocean until you reach the capital Tórshavn, where here you can enjoy a cultural and shopping day. Tórshavn, Viking name (Port of Thor)With a population of around 13.000, this is the Capital of the Faroe Islands. Here today we will have dinner and rest more comfortably in a beautiful Hotel or B&B.
DAY 7: Cultural day and free time to enjoy the capital of the islands!
Regions: southern Streymoy Island: Kirkjubøur - Tórshavn!
Today is our last day of the tour but no less exciting! We have shown you and made you experience all the aspects of the little known and wonderful paradise of the Faroe Islands, through its folklore, customs, friendly locals and secluded cliffs and mountains. This is how it will be today too. Today we move in our vehicle to the south of the island and the village of Kirkjubøur. Composed of about 70 people and with their precious wooden constructions and roofs covered with natural grass, This town was the ancient cultural and religious center of the Faroe Islands as well as an episcopal residence prior to the religious reform. We visit the ruins of the small cathedral of St Magnus. We also enjoyed its awesome wooden farm covered with grassRemember that these islands are sparsely populated and throughout their history sheep farming has practically been their way of survival. From this beautiful coast we can see the small islands of Koltur and Hestur Among others and from here, a cave road leads us back to the capital of the islands: Tórshavn, where you can enjoy the rest of the day at your own pace or with your guide, walking through its narrow streets with small wooden houses multicolored and grass roofs in the district of Tinganes or your old fishing port. Cafes, shops, curious churches etc. they will fill your mind and heart with beautiful and picturesque memories. At the end of this beautiful last day of the Tour, we will, of course, enjoy a wonderful and comforting dinner and hotel. We really hope we have filled your heart with our Tour, vacation and trekking program in the beautiful paradise of the remote Faroe Islands and that you come back or continue here with us enjoying more routes in the islands. See you the next day to take you to the airport or back on the road with us! Delighted to enjoy your company!
VISITS AND ACTIVITIES INCLUDED IN THE PRICE:
The Jewels of our Tour.
- VÁGAR ISLAND
- MULAFOSSUR WATERFALL (excursion)
- MYKINES ISLAND
- HOLMUR LIGHTHOUSE (excursion)
- STREYMOY ISLAND
- SAKSUN FJORD (4 hours excursion / treeking)
- SAKSUN LAGOON (excursion)
- REMAINS OF VIKING TOMBS
- SUNDINI SOUND
- RISIN, "THE GIANT", AND KELLINGIN, "THE WITCH"
- STREYMOYARSYLLIN (4 hours excursion / trekking)
- NORÖRADALUR (excursion)
- MOUNT KNÚKUR. (4 hours excursion / trekking)
- BOAT TOUR
- TWO HOUR BOAT TOUR VIEWS CLIFFS VESTMANNA BIRD (optional and included in place of the Saksun fjord trek)
- ELEVATED LAKE OF SØRVÁGSVATN OR LEITISVATN
- MYKINESHÓLMUR (excursion)
- EXCURSIONS AND TREKKING (optional but necessary for viewpoints)
Detailed itinerary before the start of the Tour.
No additional costs.
SERVICES INCLUDED IN THE PRICE:
We emphasize that dinners up to a value of € 30 uros in this program per adult and 25 for children under 16, per person and night are included (option to cancel this service recommended for your comfort). Also note that todas the activities and visits indicated are included in our closed priceIn this way, the only expenses you have to add are your travel and flight insurance.
- TRANSFERS FROM AND TO THE AIRPORT.
- TOUR OF 7 DAYS AND 7 NIGHTS.
- 2 AND 3 STAR ACCOMMODATIONS.
- 7 COMPLETE BREAKFASTS and 7 DINNERS.
- MID-RANGE VEHICLE.
- LOCAL GUIDE AND DRIVER SERVICES IN SPANISH / ENGLISH OR FRANÇAIS
- EXPLANATIONS, ACCOMPANIMENT AND GENERAL CULTURAL INFORMATION OF THE GUIDE.
- VISITS AND INDICATED ACTIVITIES.
- ALSO WE PICK YOU UP AND TAKE YOU TO YOUR HOTELS
- Given the remote conditions of the route, it will not always be possible with a private bathroom or private room. This is a wonderful adventure program in a remote archipelago, half of the nights will be in B&B or private houses in small Faroese villas.
- Given the remote conditions of the route, some of the dinners will be cooked together by the group.
- More details described in the "Itinerary" section.
Not included in the price:
- Travel or personal insurance (mandatory)
- Own purchases or not described in the included section.
- Personal assistant or porter service. (Our guides always ready to help).
DATES OF DEPARTURE AND START OF THE TOUR FROM VÁGAR:
Ask us for other departure or return points.
- On the dates you want from just two people, subject to availability.
- To leave with a single person on the dates you want, the price of two people in the Private section applies.
- Book directly by checking if your dates are available in our availability calendar in the "Book" tab on our website or ask us about groups and open dates, email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- You can also send us your request by filling out our reservation form: https://www.scotlandtrips.international/reservas
Reservations are recommended as far in advance as possible.
PRICES PER PERSON OF THE TOUR CIRCUIT – HOLIDAYS:
On the dates you want and from just two people and subject to availability; anticipation counts in your favor!
- In a small group in a group of 3 to 15: €1960
- From 2 people on Tour Private: €2156
- From 4 to 8 people: €1822
- From 9 people: Ask for special discounts.
- Consult other ages. Recommended tour for people between 18 and 65 years old.
Read the additional notes for this adventure and excitement program:
Given the remote conditions of the places to visit in the wonderful Faroe Islands we have to adapt to the possibilities that are available in the place.
ITINERARY AND SECURITY:
Due to the special and remote conditions offered by this natural sanctuary of the Faroe Islands, we have to adapt in this program to the orography and conditions offered by the localities and routes to visit, since we choose the best views and visits of the route you have to take into account, on the other hand, the rupestrian nature of some points.
For these reasons and the changing climate of the Faroe Islands, the daily program can be changed or reversed for security reasons, always trying to offer solutions with similar characteristics. The guide knows perfectly the characteristics of the terrain and climate and will be the one who makes the decisions on site and only he who for security reasons has the power to make the final decision. You have to take into account the vagaries of nature in this volcanic land and latitudes.
The program is designed to achieve the most impressive views of these islands. This can only be done by walking and trekking at many of the points. The excursions are estimated at a medium pace from two to 5 hours in total. A fitness level of 5 on a scale of 1 to 10 is estimated to be acceptable. The option is offered every day of not participating in these excursions on foot and enjoying the beautiful town where we are and a more relaxed day visiting the surroundings or possible activities.
GROUP SIZE AND DIVERSITY:
This tour can of course be enjoyed in private or with your own group exclusively by consulting availability of dates and prices or by joining a multinational group of 6 to 12 people.
ACCOMMODATIONS FOR THIS TOUR / TREKKING PROGRAM:
As we have already mentioned and adapting to the conditions of some of the remote locations on the islands, accommodation may be: in hotels, in B&B, accommodation in hostels in single beds and sleeping bags, private and mountain cabins. It is indicated in the itinerary of each day.
- Dinners: In this Tour given the services available in some remote locations; on days 2, 4 and 5 dinners will be prepared by the attendees as a coexistence. The remaining days: 1, 6 and 7 They are included by default for a value of up to € 30 uros from 16 years of age and up to € 25 for children under 16 years of age.
- Prices per person in a double Suite of 2 or 3 national stars (bathroom and private shower in the room depending on the availability of the locality).
- Recommended ages for this tour: from 18 to 65 years old.
- It is necessary to show proof of identity such as passport or ID.
Provided that they were applicable in the Faroe Islands due to the conditions of the archipelago
- Individual suite: add €30 per night to the price before discounts and taxes.
- 5-star luxury accommodations: increase depending on requirements.
- Custom tours: + 15% before discounts and taxes.
- Hotel or airport transfers and pick-ups (in the case of not being included): +15€ per adult / children under 16 years free. Prices per trip.
RESERVATION and PAYMENT OPTIONS:
From monthly payments without interest, choose your option:
Reservation: €350 per person.
- Reserve + rest 30 days Before the beginning.
- Reservation + monthly payments the 1st of every month. Last payment 30 days before the start. No Interest.
- In 3 payments: Reserve + 50% of the rest 30 days before the start of our services + 50% on the first day of the month between these two payments.
- In 2 payments: 50% upon reservation + 50% 30 days before our services.
- Additional 2% discount: when the payment is made in full to the reservation and before 90 days before the start of our services.
- Total payment upon reservation: Only option for reservations less than 30 days from the start.
- Prices in the current value of the currency indicated at the time of payments.
Select the method and terms you prefer in the form.
- Wire transfer: the most recommended method from your own bank.
- Credit / Debit Card: two options; select this method in the form below or use the tab on the right margin "Reserve".
- PayPal Invoice: in the payment terms that you choose, options below the form.
- paypal link: Enter the amount you want to pay, we will send the payments and remaining dates according to your selection in the form.
- Recommended minimum age for children: 5 years. More young people consult.
- Children under 5 years: not recommended, under the responsibility of the parents and option only available in Private Tours. Children will travel for free if there are places available and the Tour meets the conditions for them. They will sleep in a shared room with at least one adult in their family. Meals not included. One child under 5 per family is free, from the second the price corresponding to "Children between 5 and 15 years old" will be applied. Consult.
- Up to 18 years: It is necessary to come accompanied with at least one adult.
- Dinners: possibility of contracting this service or not for a value of up to 30 Euros from 16 years of age and up to 25 Euros for children under 16 years of age, per person and night (not cumulative).
- It is possible to choose the lowest applicable price to each person even within a group.
- Routes: super studied, optimized and selected to enjoy the spectacular landscapes. In the event of major causes outside our company such as extreme weather and impassable works or other unavoidable events, our guide will decide an alternative route of equal beauty as far as possible.
- Accommodations: At "ScotlandTrips International" our selection of usual accommodations is above average in the same rating ranges that other companies offer. The two options are subject to availability and options of the beautiful towns to visit. Especially in the wonderful Scotland our B&B and Guest House selection are at the same level of quality and comfort within our excellent selection, being able to be even more comfortable than a hotel, although a hotel offers more services such as restaurant or bar. Depending on the availability on the dates of the contracted services, the accommodation may be located at a greater or lesser distance from the local center or even in the closest locations with availability, without stopping any content of the program or itinerary, therefore The longer the reservation is in advance, the better the conditions and situation of the accommodation, as is usual in the tourism sector due to the relationship between supply, demand and dates.
- Possibility of luxury accommodations 5 stars and personalized tours: see supplements.
- Luggage: Unless otherwise notified, it is allowed to bring one cabin or medium-size suitcase per person. Since we usually operate to improve the quality and attention of our services in vehicles or minibuses, the space for suitcases is limited and we operate under safety and weight regulations.
- Passport or DNI: It is necessary to send us this document for reservations and show it to the Guide for security reasons.
- Travel insurance: It is mandatory to have your travel insurance up to date, it is very economical and can cover any eventuality. It is also recommended that in the unforeseen event that you have to cancel the trip for any eventuality that may happen to you, this section covers you. Our company has all the relevant insurance.
With everything prepared and in order, you are ready to enjoy a wonderful vacation with our company, we are waiting for you, we are waiting for you!.
Customer responsibility consult the Terms of Sale